XL DIY Pole Repair Kit
OUR BRAND NEW XL VERSION WITH MORE EXTRAS INCLUDED.
Here’s what you get.
• 1m x 150mm top quality carbon fibre cloth. 1k 90gsm (this means it is thin, lightweight, not bulky and obtrusive, yet strong and has a nice tightly woven pattern).
• 150g Resin and 50g Hardner.
Throughout testing many different resins this was the best available for this type of carbon fibre application. Gives a strong hard wearing glossy finish. (a cheap resin will not be up to the job).
• FIFTEEN metre roll of Surface finishing tape. Standard Kit is 10m
This is the exact tape we use in day to day repairs ourselves. It is not a ‘shrink tape’ as supplied with other kits. A surface finishing tape leaves a glossy, ‘lacquered’ look to the finished repair, reducing the need for extensive sanding and lacquering. When wound over the repair as directed, under slight tension, there is no need for a shrink tape as the tension applied will create the ‘shrink’ needed. Also, after researching the many ‘shrink tapes’ available, we found that a certain (normally very high) temperature is needed to activate the shrinkage and that temperature needs to be held constant for a certain time period. We felt this couldn’t be achieved at home with a hairdryer or heat gun.
• TWO Mixing cups and 2 mixing sticksFor mixing the resin and hardener. Standard kit is 1 of each.
• TWO PAIRS Latex gloves high quality, not cheap vinyl that tear easily. Standard kit is 1 pair.
• TWO brushes and spreader for application of resin mixture. Standard kit is 1 Brush.
So if you need extras, this is the kit for you! Our standard kit is separately listed at £29.99. Also check our other listings for separate components.